Vegan Cookery Class with Fairfoods
Saturday 6 April 2019
At Palacegate Centre, 3 Palace Gate, Exeter, EX1 1JA.
11.00am for 11.15am prompt start.
11.15am to 1.30pm cookery class, followed by vegan lunch.
In this cooking class:
- Learn how to make a variety of salads, toppings, dips and salad dressings
- Design your own dressing
- Learn two smoked dishes including carrot lox
- Learn two fermented dishes
- Taste test two different vegan mayos and three plant bacons
- Make aquafaba meringue to top the Baked Alaska and finish it with a torch.
- Have a chance to taste everything we make
- Enjoy an all you can eat buffet lunch at the end of the day
- Take away a booklet with all the recipes we’ve made during the day
- The food we’re making is at an easy-medium level
- Put your taste buds on alert because this cookery class includes a whole load of flavourbombs
COOKERY CLASS 11.15-1.30PM
Some of this is demonstrated by Clare from Fairfoods (*starred), some is talked through and some you will do yourself (dressing and aquafaba meringue) !
Tabouleh – how to prepare couscous/bulgur so it has loads of flavour*
Pimped Up Potato Salad – two ways*
Green Bean Sesame Salad – with an addictive smoky sesame dressing*
Olive Dirt and Strawberry Dust
In the Smokehouse
Taste testing plant ‘bacon’ – coconut, tempeh* and tofu*
Ferments and Dips
Fermented Harissa Relish*
Fermented Cashew Cheese*
Cheesy Mayo Plus
Tomato Salsa with lime and coriander* – achieving the best texture with a mix of fresh but smoky sauce and fresh chopped veg
A selection of dressings*
Design your own dressing (we’ll bring a variety of different ingredients and a template)
Taste testing vegan mayos
Baked Alaska – layers of sponge, chocolate sauce, ice cream and meringue. You are going to finish your pudding by making aquafaba meringue, topping the baked Alaska and finishing it with a kitchen blow torch*.
Late LUNCH 1.30-2pm
This will be a buffet with the food we’ve made throughout the day, including Baked Alaska for dessert. Bring Tupperware in case there are leftovers! We’ll also provided takeaway boxes.
See feedback from a previous class here.
Please pay a deposit of £12.00, using the payment details below. The deposit is non-refundable. The remainder to be paid on the day.
Sorry but the cookery class is fully booked. If you would like to be added to the reserve list, in case tickets become available, please drop us a message with your name, email address and mobile number.